Perhaps the most important piece of software on our computer is the operating system itself, and something similar happens with all the programs we install. The set allows us to work on a day-to-day basis with our team in the best way, although there are other elements that we must take into account.
By this we mean that there are other small software elements that are also part of our team and that we should not leave out. In this specific case, we want to focus on the drivers or controllers that are part of the operating system and that are much more important than we think. To give us an idea of all this, they are in charge of communicating said system with the hardware elements of our PC.
This allows the operating system itself, for example, Windows or Linux, to recognize without problems everything that we install on the computer at the hardware level. Likewise, the drivers allow the system to get the most out of all that hardware and optimize its operation to the maximum. Also, as their manufacturers release new features compatible with the installed version, we may update them to improve performance and add new features to our hardware. Each of the elements that are part of our computer generally has its own controller.
Obviously there are more important and complex than others, playing a very important role those related to our graphics card. Therefore, in the event that there is a failure or problem with these drivers, all this could negatively affect our team. Likewise, the failure can occur in the GPU itself. Therefore, in the event that we detect that the graphic section of the PC does not work well, let’s see some solutions.
Boost your PC by fixing GPU issues
As it could not be otherwise, the entire graphic system plays a fundamental role in the correct functioning of our computer. Hence, it is best to use one of the solutions that we will present below in order to solve and improve the behavior of our equipment in all types of uses. This is something that is extensible for both installed applications and games.
- Update the driver: one of the most effective solutions is to update the driver to its latest version. This is something that we can comfortably carry out from the Device Manager by clicking with the right mouse button on the corresponding entry in the graph.
- Delete the device: it can also be the case that this small software element is damaged. The best we can do is remove it completely from Device Manager as well. Then it will reinstall itself or we can do it with the one provided by your manufacturer.
- Take a step back: it may be the case that having the latest driver installed is more of a problem than a solution. This can produce certain incompatibilities with other elements. It is best to take a step back and install the old version of the drivers again.
- HWiNFO64: This is a diagnostic program which will be very useful when detecting possible problems with the graphic hardware that we have installed on the computer.
- Change the GPU: it may also be the case that the hardware as such is damaged for some reason and we are forced to change the PC’s graphics card for a new one.