If you want some help in your daily routine, there is nothing better than having an assistant. That is why in this article we will teach you how to activate and deactivate the Bixby virtual assistant of any Samsung Galaxy cell phone. If this is the first time you’ve heard of him, first we want to explain what he is and what things you can order him to do.
Steps to activate or deactivate Bixby of any Samsung Galaxy cell phone
Now we will show you how to activate or deactivate your Bixby virtual assistant. We’ll start with activation, and then we’ll talk a bit about deactivation.
How to activate Bixby
If you want to activate the virtual assistant for the first time on your Samsung mobile, do the following:
- Press the button dedicated to the assistant. It is usually located below the volume buttons, and it will be very useful for you to know that you can configure this Bixby button on any Samsung mobile.
- A panel will open where you’ll start setting up Bixby. First, enter the language in which you are going to converse with the assistant. Then click on the arrow located at the bottom.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions for using the feature. After checking the options, click on the arrow to go to the next section.
- Now you must teach Bixby to recognize your voice. When you’re ready, press the arrow and say “Hi, Bixby” as many times as your mobile asks you to. For best results, we recommend holding your phone about a foot from your face and speaking as you normally would.
- When you finish configuring your assistant, click on the ✔ sign.
When you have your assistant properly configured, you have at your disposal three ways in which you can invoke it to order tasks:
- Say “Hi, Bixby.”
- Press and hold the dedicated assistant button until the phone vibrates.
- Press the dedicated button once to access your assistant menu. To give an order by voice, click on the icon located in the lower left corner.
On the other hand, if your assistant is already activated but not set to start by voice command, just follow the steps below. You will see that it is very similar to configuring Ok Google on your Android or iOS mobile.
- Press the dedicated key.
- Tap the three-dotted column located at the top right.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Voice Activation” box.
- Press the virtual button to activate the voice command “Hi, Bixby”
How to disable Bixby
In this section you have several options. You can choose the one that solves your concerns.
Disable the dedicated Bixby button
If you frequently confuse this button with the power button and want to disable it but still use the voice assistant, this is your lucky day. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Press the dear button.
- Slide the switch in the “Bixby Key” box to turn it off.
That easy. You will no longer confuse the power button with the one that activates Bixby.
Completely disable your virtual assistant
If you don’t like Bixby spying on you or just want to get rid of it, follow these steps to accomplish your goal:
- Long press on any empty space on the home screen until the editing interface appears.
- Slide the windows until you find the one that says “Bixby Home”.
- Slide the switch to the right to disable your assistant and all of its features.
It’s that easy to completely disable Bixby. If you regret your decision in the future and want to turn it back on, just find the same tab and slide the switch again. And if you find it very annoying, you could also disable the Google assistant on your Android very easily.